Sunday, February 24, 2008

Let's start...

As an art historian, I had to start my blog with a picture! One of my favourite; Eve taking the fruit in the garden of Eden (Cathédrale d'Autun, France). Why do I like this sculpture so much? Well to me it is the start of everything. When Eve decided to transgress God's commandment and eat of the fruit, she gave all of us the opportunity to come to this earth to have a body and grow through experiences. She could of stay in the beautiful garden but somehow she knew we had to go through this life. Even if life isn't easy and can be sometimes very painful, it's worth it! We are learning, we are growing... And after all, we are never alone, our Father in Heaven loves us and will always be with us, if only we would turn to him. And for all this I am grateful!

No comments: