Sunday, February 24, 2008

Live by Faith and Not by Fear

Live by Faith and Not by Fear - by Quentin L Cook
Okay just a small thought about this... In his talk Elder Cook uses one of my favorite scripture... : “Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.” (D&C 68:6) I'm the kind of person who likes to have control on things; I like when things are planned and I like to prepare... Well the problem is that life has a tendency to go the other way, and I get scared when I don't know how things will turn... And that is why this scripture is one of my favorite, because it tells me and reminds me that I shouldn't fear, because the Lord is with me (with all of us), he loves us more than we can understand! We "only" have to turn to him and believe him... believe that what he says is true. And when we trust him, we have faith and having faith in him will help us to walk through the storms of our lives, to keep going even the path seems hard and even if we don't understand everything... It doesn't mean that we won't experience failure or disappointment, but with him we will know that after all everything will be fine.

1 comment:

King Arthur said...

Sachi,

Great thoughts!! I too like to have things planned. I'm getting better at doing it, but often I am so anxious when things aren't planned well. To let go of that fear has been a big challenge for me. Inviting The Master Planner into my life and seeking to prioritize my day as He would have me do really helps out!!

Here's my thoughts on the talk: Live by Faith and Not by Fear

I'm glad you're part of our talk group!