Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter



Easter:

This morning I had to give a talk at church about Christ’s last words on the cross. I’m not going to go over this here, but I’m amazed to see that in a moment of intense suffering His words were words of forgiveness, of care and of submission to the Father. What a great example! It’s always in moments of big suffering, trials, or when someone’s life comes to the end, that you see the real nature of a person. And Christ really is the Son of God who came on earth to save us. He is our great example, our friend, our Saviour. I’m grateful for His sacrifice and for the knowledge I have that I can start over each time I repent and that He knows me and will help me in my trials, because He has been there and loves me.

Today I’ve been thinking about how I can draw closer to my Saviour and accept His sacrifice in my daily life. I remember when I was on my mission my president suggested me to read the Sermon on the Mount everyday during a week. I did it and I felt really closer to the Christ… and I think it’s because I had His teaching in my mind each morning and I tried during the day to follow His example. So I think a good way to come closer to the Saviour is to learn about Him and try to be more like Him.

My walk now will be to read again the books of Matthew, Marc, Luke, John and the visit of Christ to the Nephite. And I will each morning ponder to know what I can (or have to) change in my life to be more like my Saviour.

No comments: