Sunday, March 9, 2008

O Remember, Remember

O Remember, Remember - President Henry B. Eyring http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-775-24,00.html


Okay, I've always been really bad at keeping a personal journal or any kind of thoughts compilation. It's not that I don't want to, or that I haven't try... It's just that I have a hard time to do it more than six months in the row. I know this is important to do it and I really want to try again and again... and again if needed.

I think the reason why I have such a hard time to keep a journal is because I often think I don't have anything interesting to write. So I really like President Eyring suggestion to write about seeing God's hand in our daily life. First it gives us a purpose and then it's a great opportunity to learn to recognize God's hand in our life. I know for my self that I don't recognize many of those blessings, only because I don't take the time to think...

I know that in my life, remembering spiritual experiences has been a key to hold on to the rod during hard times. I have several spiritual experiences in my mind, concerning specific things (like tithing, prayer, trusting the Lord, etc...) and when I feel like I can't anymore, when I feel like my prayers are not answered, or I feel alone... I try to remember those experiences and it helps me to cast away my doubts... It helps me to feel the Spirit and God's love for me.

One thing that caught my attention in his talk is when he speaks about the Holy Ghost. He says: " The key to the remembering that brings and maintains testimony is receiving the Holy Ghost as a companion. It is the Holy Ghost who helps us see what God has done for us. It is the Holy Ghost who can help those we serve to see what God has done for them." We need the Holy Ghost to help us see what God has done for us or for our loved ones... And we need him to help us to remember... So it's not enough to only think about the day, we have to seek the Spirit to help us to recognize those things.

So my commitment now is to follow President Eyring suggestion to write everyday how I saw God's hand in my and my loved ones life. And to do this I will take 15 min. or more to ponder about the day and seek for the Holy Ghost to show me and help me to understand what God has done for me...

1 comment:

King Arthur said...

Sachi,

Your thoughts reminded me of several things...

"when I feel like my prayers are not answered, or I feel alone... I try to remember those experiences and it helps me to cast away my doubts... It helps me to feel the Spirit and God's love for me."

Elder Bednar spoke of this concept. He called it the Lord's "tender mercies"...an institute teacher also referred to those gathered spiritual experiences as little trophies. Truly, noting and remembering our spiritual experiences are you mention are KEY to retaining hope in a fallen world.

I know that making new commitments can sometimes be hard. If you want to, I'll be here for you to check in with. I am going to do this as well, so I'll need some support too.

My Thoughts on Pres. Eyring's talk